I have been so frustrated at blogger because they have gone and changed everything on me... and clearly i don't handle change well. ;o) I kept signing in and it was redirecting me with a different email address. Any way, I've had SO MUCH to say and NO WHERE to say it!
Thomas and Noah have been working nonstop on their new house just up the road. I love to go up there on my run/walks to see how much further they are. It's so amazing how fast they have turned this stable into 2 homes! Thomas and Zippy should be moving in THIS Friday!
Please pray for Meshack. He has been very sick for 2 months now. Tests have been inconclusive and we are getting frustrated because of course we want answers. He has lost quite a bit of weight, had general weakness, no appetite. There are questions about his liver having hardened areas or spots on it. He is in Kenyatta hospital now. We are planning to visit with he and Beatrice tomorrow.
The boys are well. James continues to be home schooled by Deo. Nicolas and Dan are being interviewed Wednesday for their placement in Hope Academy. We also plan on seeing them tomorrow as well, it feels like forever since I seen them! We wanted to go tonight but the road flooded. We've been told this is the worst rainy season in 30 years.
We have begun the first phase of our transition back to the US. That is: narrowing down all our junk into 5 cases. Not as easy as it sounds. God has been so so good to us though. Honestly, I haven't felt stressed at all. His peace has completely covered me this whole time. I've been laid back and relaxed, grateful that he brought us here, even if for just 4 short years.
We are mostly packed up and the Chancey's moved in today. I think the most difficult thing about packing and others moving in is having Ezra get into EVERYTHING. That kid certainly keeps me on my toes. I walked outside to help Chris yesterday and came back in to check on Ezra. When I left him he was playing happily with some spoons on the floor. As I came back 60 seconds later, he was gone. I look to my left and there he is, halfway up the stairs! Yikes! In the photo below... he might have gotten into the fireplace...

Today I had some tortilla chips I gave the Chancey kids to snack on. Ezra was crawling behind them and eating up all the chips that were dropped on the floor. He thinks everything on the floor must be food and must be for him. Which I guess is good timing because we had to say our goodbyes to our sweet Wallace- the most amazing English Mastiff ever. He went back to Tanzania to live with his sister and our dear friends the Helsby's. I'm so glad they were able to take him back with them. They live at Mavuno Villiage who has 250 acres on Lake Victoria. Now, if he can just start getting along with the other dogs....

I was packing our cases in our room today and Zippy came after class to entertain Ezra. She said to Ezra "What am I going to do without you? I won't even know want to do when you and your mom aren't around." To which I replied "Let's not go there right now, Zippy. We aren't gone yet!" I feel like I'm going to be the one that is lost without here. That woman keeps this A.D.D. Mama seem a bit more put together. ::sigh:: And have I mentioned my son LOVES that woman. Zippy was holding Hero, the Chancey's 7 month old today, and he was NOT happy about it. He was so jealous. So naturally he leapt out of my arms and into hers to let Hero know Zippy was his territory.
Zippy recently has 2 job offers. Hmmm.... which one to take? She is so excited about graduating from cooking school in a couple weeks. One job would really utilize her cooking skills, the other not as much. I think if she could work out the hours she could have a job and a half if she wants it!
Lucy seeing the house for the first time.
2 very tired and hard working men.
Noah in front of his freshly laid cement floor.
As always- we had an amazing time with these crazy people
Katie was so proud to pick out Ezra's clothes. :)
2 comments:
LOVED the picture of all the kiddos in the slots of the bookshelf! SO funny! I sure love those Helsbys! And the picture of Zippy witH ET and Hero? PRECIOUS! :)
Man. I know leaving there will be excruciating. But I am SO READY for y'all to be here! Like, WHOAH ready!
Praying for you all as you transition. And for Meshack.
Post a Comment