Wednesday, October 28, 2009

God's hand- SO evident...

Wednesday Chris, Graig and I went to a meeting with the top dog of IJM- Kenya. How cool is that?! He shared several stories with us that left us with our mouths wide open.
Chris casually mentioned R4R, then prompted me to tell him all about this wonderful new concept of running for a revolution. Our dialog went something like this:

Me: .......so my friend Lindsey and I started emailing back and forth about our passions for ending human trafficking and running. We talked about how could we combine the 2....

J: So you are passionate about running? Like RUNNING (whilst moving his arms as though he was running)

Me: Yes sir.

J: Did you run in the marathon sunday?

Me: Yes, I did.

J: Did you have other team members running?

Me: Yes...2. How did you know?

J: I ran the 21k and saw a guys' shirt that said "Run4Revolution" and I asked myself "what was that?" So I tried to run a little faster but I couldn't catch him.

Okay People- really?!?! OVER 15,000 people running in this thing- 3 of us wearing R4R shirts and it just so happens that the HEAD Kenyan over IJM, Kenya was not only running in it- but HE SAW OUR SHIRTS! No other explanation other than God Himself!! God apparently has his hand on this and he just made it even more evident!

He immediately asked how he could become a member so i told him how and I happen to have 2 extra shirts. He will be wearing his in another 21k in December. So we have our first official non American-R4R team member. He was so excited about it. Maybe on Thursday when we go to the IJM office I can get a picture of him with his shirt :)

I'm pumped. Hoping to run the Nairobi marathon next year with even MORE R4R team members!

2 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

SO COOL...I could read this story a billon times and STILL get super excited about how God is moving.

Hall Family said...

Very Cool! Totally A GOD THING!

Anyways, I seem to not be able to look at your OTHER blog, I use to be able to?? But now Permission is Denied--Since I do completely believe this must be some sort of horrible error, I am contacting the owner of the blog I so badly want to view--YOU!~Mandy